Saturday, May 11, 2013

"Travel Often; Getting Lost Will Help You Find Yourself"

The 2 month blogging interval has become a 3 month hiatus. I guess I've been busy just enjoying.

 I've taken the above quote from the Holstee Manifesto to heart these days. A friend here in Paris said to me the other day.  "No wonder you love Paris so much.  It's because you are always leaving."  Hmmm - at first, I didn't get it. Cynical Parisian, I thought.  But now that I think about it, I've always loved to travel, yet I also maintain that the feeling you get when coming home, is like no other.

Well, coming home to Paris, is also like no other feeling.  In fact, it gives "coming home" a whole new meaning.  That's all, I just wanted to get that straight.  Here are some very random things I get to come home to.  The last picture is of a young lady with whom I struck up a conversation.  She was very happy to pose with her scooter. I was elated to meet this woman, of a certain age, who cruises around Paris on a daily basis. All part of the scenery.


Doesn't everyone's grocery store look like this?
The Seine and the architecture get me every time.
One of the many villages in Paris, this one is in the 13th.
Just a random alley in the 7th, that I stumbled upon.

2 comments:

  1. I love these photos! I think I love the villages of Paris even more than the monumental aspects. So happy you take advantage of living there again with such gusto and appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the pics,Julie. I am in awe of the monuments in this city, and I'm charmed by the little villages. Everywhere I turn, there is something to notice,and appreciate. Every day/night, I wander the streets,and without even trying,I'm surprised, and delighted, by what I see. Que la fete continue!

    ReplyDelete